Registrations & Payments
Answers to frequent questions related to program registrations and their related payments.
How do I find a specific course?
- You can search for a course using the course code published in the program guide (from any header on the website) or you may search for courses specifically by location, start date, or keywords.
Why do I need to enter my birth date?
- Many of our programs are age-specific, therefore knowing the participant's date of birth is required to validate the registration.
How far in advance can I register?
- In most cases, you can register online six to eight weeks prior to the course start date.
- Late registration may be accepted online for certain programs where space is available. If you are interested in a course that has already started and that is no longer available for online registration, please contact us for more information.
What is the City's withdrawal/cancellation policy?
If you choose to withdraw from a program or transfer into another, more than seven days prior to the program start date, you can do one of the following:
- Transfer immediately into one of our many available programs with no administration charge (subject to program availability), or
- To request a full refund, minus a $5 administration fee, visit us in person (see the page footer for our locations).
What if I have a credit or balance owing on my account?
- The credit amount on your account will automatically be applied to your next registration.
- If your account shows a balance owing, you are not required to make a payment on that balance in order to register for a course; however, courses must be paid in full at the time of registration.
Can I register online without paying with a credit card?
- Full payment is required at the time of registration. If you have a credit on your account, it will automatically be applied to your transaction, otherwise a credit card is required.
Are there additional fees for online transactions?
- No, at least not from the City of St. Albert. Some banking providers may charge online transaction fees so please check with your financial institution.
If you haven't found an answer to your question the website's footer lists the contact details for three City facilities and departments that can help you with any program, drop-in, or facility questions you may have.