Registrations & Payments
Below you'll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about registering for a City of St. Albert program.
How do I find a specific course?
- You can search for a course using the course code published in the program guide (from any header on the website) or you may search for courses specifically by location, start date, or keywords.
Why do I need to enter my birth date?
- Many of our programs are age-specific, therefore knowing the participant's date of birth is required to validate the registration.
How far in advance can I register?
- In most cases, you can register online six to eight weeks prior to the course start date.
- Late registration may be accepted online for certain programs where space is available. If you are interested in a course that has already started and that is no longer available for online registration, please contact us for more information.
Are there waitlists?
Waiting lists are available for all programs. If a space opens, you will be contacted by phone or e-mail. If demand is sufficient and there is appropriate time, space, and available instructors, additional classes may be added. Programs may be cancelled due to low enrolment.
What is the City's withdrawal/cancellation policy?
If you choose to withdraw from a program or transfer into another, more than seven days prior to the program start date, you can do one of the following:
- Transfer immediately into one of our many available programs with no administration charge (subject to program availability), or
- Request a full refund minus a $5 administration fee.
Please contact Fountain Park Recreation Centre for all aquatics withdrawals or transfers at 780-459-1553 or visit the facility in person (see the page footer for location).
Please contact Servus Credit Union Place for withdrawals or transfers for all other courses at 780-418-6088 or visit the facility in person (see the page footer for location).
All refunds and transfers within seven days of the start date or after the program begins must be approved by a programmer and will only be considered for extenuating circumstances.
What If my program is cancelled?
In the event that a registered program is canceled, you will be notified by phone at least three (3) days prior to the start date. In this circumstance, a full refund will be provided or you may transfer immediately into one of our available programs (subject to program availability). Register early to ensure your program runs!
What if I miss a class?
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any make-up classes for missed classes.
What if I have a credit or balance owing on my account?
- The credit on the account is not automatically applied. If you have a credit on your account, please call in person to register so the credit can be applied to your registration.
- If your account shows a balance owing, we require that balance to be cleared up in order to proceed with any future registrations. Please call or visit us in person to review your outstanding balance.
Can I register online without paying with a credit card?
- Full payment is required at the time of registration.
Are there additional fees for online transactions?
- No, at least not from the City of St. Albert. Some banking providers may charge online transaction fees so please check with your financial institution.
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Please contact us so we can help: